Sunday, June 24, 2012

Green Thumb!!


Well...kind of.  Me and Travis do NOT have the best track record with living plants (as in 100% of them have died), but I grew up with a garden (and so did he) and there really is nothing better than a garden fresh tomato.  So this year I made it my goal to have a garden (after several years of putting it off).  We got some lumber and a few different types of soil mixes, with Travis handyman skills and my...um...taking pictures...we got it started!  The kids loved being able to help.




We planted a few different types of tomatoes, red bell peppers, green beans, peas, lettuce, and cucumbers.  I am kinda regretting the cucumbers because they are invading everything!  I had no idea they spread out so much.  We have gotten some green beans, a few peas, and the tomatoes are growing but nothing red yet.  I am anxiously awaiting the first tomato of the season.

0 comments: