Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Posted by Rachel at 3:36 PM
Posted by Rachel at 3:24 PM
No, not for me...it was a Daddy/Daughter date night. Travis got the idea to take Audrey to see Toy Story 3. Of course Audrey was super excited. She even let me change her earrings! She picked her outfit out herself. Her go-to special outfit is her jeans, with her polka-dot cowgirl shirt (it has ruffles down the front) with her flower sweater. Yes, it was a wee hot for her outfit, but she didn't car.
Posted by Rachel at 3:17 PM
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Posted by Rachel at 1:06 PM
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Posted by Rachel at 7:39 PM
Friday, June 18, 2010
Posted by Rachel at 9:40 AM
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Posted by Rachel at 1:40 PM
Thursday, June 10, 2010
- you go to the grocery and have a discussion with your husband as to what would be less dangerous, you going into the grocery store while he waits in the car or him going into the grocery store while you wait in the parking lot in the car.
- when you are in line in the grocery store the lady behind you is talking about how she isn't sure if she should get really mad at her main squeeze because if she did then she isn't sure that they would ever get back together. After all, him cheating on her was purely for pleasure and nothing emotional (her words, not mine).
- when you are in line you see a cop at the front of the store
- when you are walking into and out of the grocery store you imagine bullets being shot in your back
- when you are in the grocery store you are just waiting for someone to pull out a gun
Um...I don't think I will be returning to that place.
Posted by Rachel at 9:25 PM
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Besides being cuter than ever, this little guy has had a busy month and a half. He went from rolling over to army crawling (quite fast I might add), sitting up (he was too stiff for the first 9 months of his life to sit), to crawling up the first few stairs...
Posted by Rachel at 10:47 AM
Monday, June 7, 2010
- The Dr. said you should drink more water
- The Dr. said you should stop using your binky
- The Dr. said you should brush your teeth
stuff like that. Sometimes I was actually saying what he said (lose the binky) and other times I said it for things I know he would agree with (aka I made up that he said some of the things).
Audrey caught on.
Now she is always saying stuff like
- Do you remember what the doctor said? Don't put me in time out
- Do you remember what the doctor said? Give me candy
- Do you remember what the doctor said? Ice cream gives me strong bones.
Either she has been having a lot of private conversations with the Dr. and he was giving her very poor advice, or she made everything up (my money is on the second option).
What a funny girl...
Posted by Rachel at 10:10 AM
Yup, that's me. Ever since I got back from NY I have been slacking in many of my duties (don't worry, I still fed and bathed my kids). If you think I have been neglecting my blog, you should see (or should I say smell) my house. Yeah...its bad. But I woke up this morning determined to use my time more wisely this week and to be more efficient. I started off with deep conditioning my hair and putting a mask on my face (even my normal beauty routine was somewhat affected last week). Now I am off to disposing of the mountain of diapers that have been stinking up our house.
Posted by Rachel at 10:06 AM
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Pretty much every year my family would go to Treman (state park in Ithaca) for Memorial and/or Labor Day. It was a fun tradition. We would hike along the waterfalls, and end the day with grilled burgers and dogs, and usually smores.
on the hike...
p.s. congrats to my sister Leah who got engaged last week! Her and Paul are planning an October wedding. I am so excited!
Posted by Rachel at 2:04 PM
Last Thursday morning I was laying in bed and I decided to go to NY for the weekend. My older sister, Jessie, had a birthday on Friday and as you all know Monday was Memorial Day so it seemed like perfect timing. I decided to head out Thursday afternoon with the kids (it could have been very bad, but they were both well behaved for the most part). Travis flew in Friday night.
My parents have a beautiful grand piano, and Audrey LOVES it (Phoenix likes it to). Joanna had to practice and Audrey got very upset that she couldn't play.
Jess is so patient with the kids, when Audrey was a wee thing Jess would hold her up to the sink to play in the water and it turns out that Phoenix likes it to.
My lil brother, Sam, talked Audrey into making him a PB&J sandwich, and she was quite proud of the result.
Posted by Rachel at 1:18 PM