Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weekend trip to NY

Last Thursday morning I was laying in bed and I decided to go to NY for the weekend. My older sister, Jessie, had a birthday on Friday and as you all know Monday was Memorial Day so it seemed like perfect timing. I decided to head out Thursday afternoon with the kids (it could have been very bad, but they were both well behaved for the most part). Travis flew in Friday night.

My parents have a beautiful grand piano, and Audrey LOVES it (Phoenix likes it to). Joanna had to practice and Audrey got very upset that she couldn't play.


Jess is so patient with the kids, when Audrey was a wee thing Jess would hold her up to the sink to play in the water and it turns out that Phoenix likes it to.
We went to a state park (Treman) on Saturday and Audrey was extremely excited to be riding in my parents van. She was literally jumping up and down with excitement. I named the van Clifford when I was in high school...the van is red, and you know Clifford the BIG red dog? It just seemed fitting.


My lil brother, Sam, talked Audrey into making him a PB&J sandwich, and she was quite proud of the result.
All day on Monday Audrey was talking about how she was going to stay in NY when me and Trav left to go back to NC. "I will put myself down" she promised (talking about down to sleep), she said that she would put Phoenix down to, and that Jessie could change his poopy diapers and that her and Phoenix would sleep in Jo's room. She was devastated when we had to leave.

On the ride home when she finally fell asleep she would randomly wake up and say in a tearful voice "I want to go back to New York!" and then she would go back to sleep. It was funny.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like you guys had a fun weekend!! audrey looks so happy in the van LOL!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

How cute that she wanted to stay.

Kristen said...

You're so brave. :) Loved the details. Its so nice being with family.