Friday, January 23, 2009

*Snow Day*

On Tuesday morning we woke up to about 5 inches of snow. Yes, you read that right, I said SNOW! Ok, so I know that I barely posted on how I am over winter, but we had to take advantage of the snow. We haven't been able to play in it for 2 years! Me and Travis had snow gear, but Audrey....let's just say I put A LOT of layers on her. Her "snow boots" consisted of her sneakers with plastic bags wrapped around them and I put some of my long wool socks over that. Did I mention she was wearing about 6 pairs of sock under her sneakers? Audrey was soo excited! I only have one pair of thin mittens for her, so after about a minute of playing in the snow she took off her mittens and Daddy let her wear his (which meant that she basically could not use her hands). We do not have a sled, so we did what any beach going person would do...we used my body board! And it actually worked really well.
Travis had to force Audrey to go sledding with him, and she LOVED it! She keeps talking about going sledding.
Conveniently enough, we have a little hill in our backyard. We used it to its fullest. After me and Audrey went in (she took Trav's mittens off and wanted to go inside after about 25 minutes) Travis got his snowboard out and built a jump. He successfully landed some 180's and he attempted and almost landed some 360's. I was impressed.

1 comments:

Tatum said...

Oh my! That looks so fun and sooooo COLD! :)