Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beauty Tip Tuesday

I always hear and learn new beauty/fashion tips so I thought that I would share them regularly every Tuesday. We will see how it works out. I do not consider myself an expert on make-up, clothing, or anything in between, but I do read a lot about the subject so I am merely trying to pass on what I have learned. FYI, most of the tips will be geared towards females.

Tip #1: Dress for your figure

Silks and Satins will make you look more curvy. For some people this is a warning, for other people (like me) this is a good thing. Obviously if you are wanting to hide your tummy (it happens to the best of us) wear dark colors (black is best) and wear clothes that hang or drape rather than hug your body. When I say hang I don't mean to wear your husband's T-shirt...there are many feminine styles out there right now that are flattering to almost every figure, whether you are a size 2 or a size 20. I found a few examples of what I am talking about...

Great Shirt - this shirt is great because it is cute, stylish, and yet figure friendly to most women.

Cute Dress - I love this dress because the belt around the waist will have a slimming effect on everyone, but it still leaves you with room to breath. This dress would look great with a nice pair of stilletoes.

Jewel Dress - This is an example of a dress that is less forgiving than the above two examples (both with the fit and the material). Once again, paired with some tall stilletoes this dress would be quite flattering when worn correctly.

Please note that all of my examples were found in the clearance section...I am a firm believer that you don't have to pay a lot to get the look you want.

If you have any requests of what you would like me to post for this category, please let me know. Next week I will be posting on the ins and outs of good eyebrows.

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

great tips....since I'm in the process of losing baby weight; it was great to see another shirt that drapes to hide the tummy....I haven't found that many in stores...

Tatum said...

You are so cute and really know your stuff! Sometimes I need all the help I can get. I'm excited for your Tuesday posts!

Travis Andrew said...

It's no fair, what about us guys mmmk...