Monday, January 12, 2009

A Great Start


Last weekend I went to SLC to see my brother John and his beautiful bride Brooke get sealed. I flew there one day, was there for a day, then woke up at 4:45 A.M. to fly back to Raleigh the next day. For the past two weeks, but especially last week Audrey was not her usual cheerful, self-entertaining self. Instead of asking for milk, she would scream for it. Instead of playing in her room she would be connected to me at the hip....demanding things left and right. My patience was wearing thinner and thinner till Friday which was basically my breaking point. I considered having Travis drop me off at the airport a few hours early so that I could get some peace. Anyway, after a very fun/busy/exhausting weekend I came home to find Audrey back to her sweet self. I was still recovering from the weekend this morning, so my wonderful husband decided to let me sleep in (till 10:30) and just as I woke up he opened the bedroom door and brought me breakfast in bed! I could really get used to this. It was so thoughtful of him, and he makes the BEST eggs!

So to wrap it up, I had an emotionally draining week last week, a busy weekend, and a great start to a new week. All thanks to Travis and Audrey. I love you both!

2 comments:

Tatum said...

What a great husband you've got! Breakfast in bed is the best!

When are you planning a trip down here? You've stayed away too long.

Rachel said...

I love you sweety pie.