Thursday, January 15, 2009

Audrey: Flava of the week



Audrey, like most kids her age, changes every week. She will love something one week, and the next week she will be totally over it. So, I thought I would start keeping track of her interests.
Favorite Movie: She has been requesting Chitty Chitty Bang Bang all week...I ordered it from Netflix so hopefully she will have it soon! Alice and Wonderland (or Mr. Rabbit) is still high on the list.
Favorite Meal: Bean with Bacon Soup (she basically eats this everyday for lunch and dinner, and she would eat it for breakfast if I let her)
Favorite Shoes: For daily wear, Clear Flip Flops (I got them on clearance last summer and they are waay too big for her). Her definate favorite shoes are the shiny black church shoes my Mom got for her, they have a little heel and they click on hard floors. Audrey steps extra hard sometimes to get the maximum clickage out of her shoes. I only let her wear them on Sunday though...I have to hide them during the week.
Favorite Outfit: An adorable dress that Aunt Jessie gave her for Christmas, and for casual wear a yellow thermal outfit my Mom gave her (she has worn it 3 days in a row...and counting)
Favorite TV Show: When we are at a place with cable, she loves Wonder Pets and Backyardigans.
Favorite Hair Style: A ponytail with a bow (yes, it is a very small ponytail). I put one in her hair the other day and as soon as she saw herself in the mirror she started singing "I'm too cool to know you".
Favorite Interest: Audrey is extremely religious for someone her age. She tells me to read my scriptures and she brings them to me, she will randomly say prayers, and she LOVES everything about Jesus. A few Sundays ago she drew circles on the palms of her hands and she said "Like Jesus" and if I let her wear one of my T-Shirts she says "Like Jesus" (big, billowy dress I guess), and when she wears on of my T-shirts she always put her flip flops on to complete the look (Audrey noticed that He wore sandals). One day I put my hair on her head so that she could see what it would be like to have long hair...and who do you think she thought she looked like? That's right, Jesus. She makes me and Travis draw pictures of Jesus all the time.
Favorite Toy: This week it has been her Glo-worm.
Favorite Song(s): Single Babies (aka Single Ladies - Beyonce), Love Story - Taylor Swift
Favorite Activity: Hands down, playing on a playground
Funny Things She Does: She sometimes calls me and Travis by our first names (Trav for Travis, Tatel for me), she constantly asks for candy throughout the day every day, the past 3 days she has been walking around with her fingers through her hair saying "My hair is so pretty!" She started to climb out of her crib last week (can you hear the tears in my voice?) and instead of waking up at 9:30-10:00 she is now waking up at 7:30-8:00. She sometimes talks in a scary voice, and she makes a scary face while she is doing it. She changes the shoes she is wearing about 20 times per day (obviously she is a shoe girl). She always says that she loves me and Travis and she will give us kisses and hugs without us asking her to.
This is Audrey this week. Next week a lot of these things will change. She is almost always sweet (last week was an exception), and she is very affectionate. I love Audrey.

4 comments:

Tatum said...

Oh my goodness she is a crack up just like you! I love that she is so religious!!! She's 2!!! Thanks for sharing I feel like I know her better. She's such a doll.

Emily Bartlett said...

She has good taste in movies--love Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! Just checking in on you guys. Your Christmas pictures up top are so cute!

Kristin said...

Chittty chitty bang bang! That is hilarious.

What a fun post. I love reading about her and getting to know her. Cute, cute, cute.

It was SO fun to see you in Salt Lake. And all the fam. I love your parents so, so much.

I love your blog. It is fun. I like your fashion tips. I think you do know a lot--you always look so cute.

Love you.

Sara said...

I am gong to steal this idea and use it to talk about my kids. great idea.