Friday, February 27, 2009

The Scent Of Spring

Have you ever noticed that there is a very specific scent of spring? It smells like sunshine, new grass, a light breeze, and new flowers. I remember when I was younger I loved to open all the windows in the house to welcome that delicious scent in. Nothing has changed. The weather was warmer yesterday and today, so the stale winter air that has been stagnate in our house for too long was replaced with the sweet smell of spring. Now if we could only get it to last.




Hopefully these pictures are the last pictures that will be taken of us all bundled up this winter (they are from at least a month ago). Part of me wants to pack away my winter things just to make a point that I am done with the cold. And then the other part of me, the rational part, knows that there are inevitably more cold days to come before Spring stays for good.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It's been too long since I've been on here!

That constipated Aubrey story was HILARIOUS!!! I LOL. So, so funny.

And that trip to Chicago sounds like fun. I didn't know Leah had moved out there. Glad I can keep up with the ins and out of your family a bit more on your blog. I love em all. Bunches.

Unknown said...

audrey looks socute in the swing :) dude your telling me its been a long winter??? its been pretty warm lately so i am thinking that spring is on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!