Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Here's to health

Last Friday Audrey came down with the flu. Luckily it was only bad for one night. The next day she was recovering and by Sunday she was pretty much back to her usual self. All was well...

And then I got sick. I haven't had anything close to the flu since middle school (ouch...that means about 10 years!). I forgot how miserable it is. Luckily, both Travis and Audrey were ready and willing to help me out, and even luckily-er it only lasted for one night as well. Thanks go out to Travis for picking up my slack and being so helpful.



There is nothing like the flu to make you appreciate your normal everyday health.

Yes, I know that Audrey is young in this picture, but it makes me think of how she takes care of me when I am sick. About 2 months ago I had a lovely cold/cough combo. One night I went up to take a nap and Audrey insisted on coming with me and laying down next to me. Every time I would cough the little angel would stroke my cheek and ask if I was ok. This time when I was sick she cuddled with me and sang me some songs. I would like to say that I taught her how to be so sweet...but I think it was something she was born with.

2 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

how sweet!

janae said...

thank heaven for little girls!---janae