Monday, May 10, 2010

A Very HAPPY Mothers Day

As you all know yesterday was Mother's Day. My first official Mothers Day was not great. I had just had Audrey, Travis had to leave to go to California 2 days after she was born, and it was hard. I got down to CA and I reminded Travis that Mothers Day was coming up (he was horrible at remembering holidays and such when we first got married). And then I reminded him again, and again. Mothers Day came and Travis completely forgot about it. Not good. Well, 4 years later my fabulous hubby totally redeemed himself.
He had me unwrap a present and it was a box to the kitchen aid hand mixer I bought myself a few weeks ago (my other one broke). I laughed in a let down sort of way (I thought he just wrapped an empty box as a joke) but then he told me to open it, inside was a note that said "sorry, this box is empty look in the microwave" so I went to the microwave and there was a present in there, I opened it and there was a note in the box that said "look in the garage" so I opened the garage door and inside was a Kitchen Aid mixer!!!! I have been wanting one of those babies for years (I spent a good portion of my teen years watching food network). It was so sweet and thoughtful of Travis, and I absolutely LOVED the little game he set up.







Audrey picked out a donkey for me. I told her she could sleep with it and she was very excited. I can really tell who she had in mind when she picked it out. ;-D


Phoenix gave me a really long hug that lasted a few hours (he would cry whenever I put him down).

Being a Mom is the hardest, sometimes frustrating, most rewarding job ever. It is such a privilege to have this opportunity to raise two precious little children. When Audrey wants to cuddle with me, or when Phoenix gives me a really tight hug it is the best feeling. I am far from perfect, especially when it comes to being a Mom, but I am improving. I want my children to grow up knowing how much I love them, and so far we are off to a good start.
Thanks Trav, for making this the best Mother's Day ever! I can't wait to see what you come up with for next year ;-) xoxo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is such a cute family photo!! i love it! i like your dress ;)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Glad he redeemed himself! What an awesome gift. Mike is bad at remembering too - any holiday.

Heather said...

I love the candy! Such a cute idea :)