Sunday, May 9, 2010

OBX Days 2 + 3

Our 2nd Day at the Outer Banks did not have a great start...Travis broke the number 1 rule...NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING RACHEL (for no reason). I got over it, then we went down to the beach. The weather was perfect, and the kids loved it. The water was a little chilly for my liking.
Look at my little man sitting all by himself! (he was way to stiff for the first 9 months of his life to bend enough to sit)
I took Phoenix back up to the room so that he could take a much needed nap, and Travis and Audrey played at the beach and then the pool for a few hours (Audrey said that this was her favorite part about our little vacation). Audrey took a nap and when both kids woke up we went the the Wright Brothers Memorial Museum. Interesting stuff. Audrey was on her worst behavior, so we cut it a little short. Travis wasn't feeling too great, so we called it a night and after a nice walk on the beach we vegged out back at the hotel.





The next day I took Audrey for a walk on the beach (in case you haven't noticed, we like walks on the beach) and then we packed up. Before we left the Outer Banks we made a side trip to the campground that me and my family used to stay at when we would come every summer. Camping at the Outer Banks is one of the high lights of my childhood, my Dad made it a lot of fun. It is nice to live a little more simply for a week (but not when you have two young kids...maybe next year we will camp).


0 comments: