Sunday, May 9, 2010

Audrey got her ears pierced!

Last October I started thinking about getting Audrey's ears pierced. She was going to be the flower girl in my friend Jill's wedding...and she still had her baby hair (I am still waiting for thicker hair to grow) so in attempt to make her look more feminine I thought a pair of pearl earring would be perfect. But Audrey saw an episode of Jon + Kate plus 8 where one of their daughters got their ears pierced and she was too scared to get them done. So I kept at it, bribing her with all sorts of things and about 2 months ago I found something that worked. Chuck E Cheese's. Then it was just a matter of finding two employees at Piercing Pagoda at the same time (usually only on weekends). We went about 4 different times to get her ears pierced but each time there was only one employee. Finally, last night there were two. Audrey wasn't too excited to get them done (OK, she was clinging to me and crying her eyes out) but she did pick out some earrings (purple hearts...the one pair that I was hoping she would NOT pick out) and the lady was really good about getting Audrey to calm down. She sat in my lap, I could some how feel her ears being pierced and she started screaming. Then we showed her how she looked in the mirror, she got 2 blue lollipops, and she was as happy as can be. Part of the bribing was that she could ride some of the quarter rides, play at the playground, and get ice cream (we are going to Chuck E Cheese's tomorrow). All in all, it was soo much better than I thought it would be. I am so proud of my little peanut, and she LOVES her earrings.











2 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Both of you guys are so brave. What a face Audrey made. I had my ear pierced when I was 3, still remember it too - I definitely cried.

Kristen said...

That picture sequence is just too funny! :) I'm glad the piercing went well. I've been tempted to do Paige's, but it was such a great briber for Elise (sleeping in her own bed) and Merry Grace (giving up her passies) that I guess I'll just wait until a really good bribe comes along for Paige. :)