Saturday, March 7, 2009

Busy

The last two weeks have been dedicated to making our house more of a home. Now, I know we are only renting...but that doesn't mean we have to shout it to the world. I decided that we should try to make the most of our current circumstances.
Nothing says "Temporary Living Space" like white walls, with white trim, and about 3 pieces of furniture in the whole downstairs (and yes, I am including the kitchen table). The white walls have been eating away at me since we moved in. So after months of talking about it, and months of convincing Travis to help me, we painted two of the rooms downstairs. Now even though we don't have any more furniture, the downstairs looks a lot less empty. We chose a tan for the family room (safe, but it makes a big difference). The fireplace looks 1000x better with the tan wall.
Green for the Dining room. In this picture the shade looks a bit odd. The screen on our camera is broken so I don't know how the pictures turn out until I upload them to the computer...and I am too lazy to go downstairs again to try a better shot. Anyway, in a few months (hopefully before July) we will get a Dining Room table of some sort. I am hoping for a beautiful, dark, really thick and heavy one. But both me and Trav agree that our first big purchase will be a TV that is larger than our computer screen.

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

great choice of color! I love it!

Unknown said...

Rach! the rooms look really good :) the tan reminds me of my apt and the green is such a pretty color!

janae said...

It looks awesome Rachel! I can't believe that not only did you talk Travis into letting you paint but you got him to help you. Nice.---janae