Thursday, December 4, 2008

Twilight Movie Review

WOW...what else can I say? I had pretty low expectations before I saw the movie based on the previews I had seen...but this exceeded those expectations...in the wrong way. It was obvious the movie was not going to be as good as the book, but I don't understand how they could butcher the story so completely. I will place most fault on the director and screen writer. The movie did not flow well, the special effects were as someone put it "laughable" (and trust me, I was laughing), the lines did not sound right, and the acting was too intense (therefore making it cheesy). Honestly, the whole crowd in the theater laughed at some parts because they were so poorly done (special effects for example). Don't get me started on the wardrobe...trust me, it was bad. The one scene that was well done was the baseball scene. The music throughout the movie was really good also. I have heard that whether or not you like the movie is determined on whether you have read the book or not...and how many times you have read the book. So, if you havent read the book you may like the movie. Is there any hope for New Moon? Yes, as long as they ditch the director and screen writer...and get a bigger budget for special effects.

0 comments: