Monday, December 8, 2008

My 24th Birthday

I woke up to Travis and Audrey coming in my room saying "Happy Birthday". When I walked out of our bedroom there was one of Travis's signature candy trails leading down stairs. Audrey was busy "counting" starbursts all morning. Travis made me delicious waffles with strawberries and HOMEMADE whipped cream (he made it himself!). Then we went to church. When we came home all 3 of us took naps. This year for my Birthday dinner I wanted to do a Thanksgivingish dinner because we missed Thanksgiving (we were in Hawaii). The only thing missing was butternut squash, and apple pie.

Don't judge our lack of aesthetically appealing table layout...I never realized before how much we are lacking in this department.Audrey was very eager to help me open my presents.

Travis got me a Gift card to The Limited and a subscription to Martha Stewart Living. Both are very useful gifts!

All day Audrey kept telling me Happy Birthday, and then she would say "It's Audrey's Birthday too". I can't wait for her Birthday!

2 comments:

The Bush Family said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!!! are you guys going to NY for the holidays? I hope so, we can all get together, I miss you so much! Give us a call and let us know:)

Tatum said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like a lovely day. I hope your husband made that dinner too. It sounds delicious. But, you shouldn't work in the kitchen on your Birthday.