Saturday, September 13, 2008

HE's doing good!

This week I found a GREAT park! They have a train, a carousel, and a little boat ride for kids, not to mention all of the normal playground stuff. I brought Audrey on all of the rides. We did the train first and it was fun, the driver kept tooting the horn and it was so LOUD. But I am pretty sure Audrey liked it. Then we went on the carousel. It was one of the old antique ones (which are the best). Normally I can just stand next to Audrey and not really have to hold onto her because she always holds on tight. So the carousel started and it was going so FAST that I had to hold on to Audrey's horse so that I wouldn't fall. I thought I was gonna get sick. After it was done the operater told us that he had just barely changed the transmission fluid so it was faster than normal. At least it was fun. I saved the boats for last because Audrey was kinda scared to go on them. She saw two other kids riding on them so that made her brave enough to try them. The boat operater guy kept saying "He's doing good" referring to Audrey. I responded with "yes SHE is". Then I called out to Audrey to ring her bell (all of the boats had one) and the guy was like "What is his name?" and I said "Audrey, like Audrey Hepburn" hoping that he would take the hint that she was a GIRL. But then he told me that his mom named him Jackie after some famous actress and he hated his name and as soon as he was 18 he got it changed to Jack. So he must have thought I was really mean to name Audrey Audrey because he still thought she was a boy after all of my subtle efforts to let him know that she was a girl. Plus she is wearing a pink jacket!!!! Next time I will do her hair in piggies to hopefully avoid confusion.



Aren't these boats sooo cute?

4 comments:

Tatum said...

Audrey in no way looks like a boy! She is all girl! I can't believe it even with that cute pink jacket! Peyton got that a lot till her hair started really growing. One time she had a huge blue bow on her head, and like 4 people said what a cute little boy! Since when did boys wear bows???

I'm glad to hear SHE'S doing good. Miss that little cutie!

So you guys are buying a house?! I need to email you and catch up!

Anonymous said...

that guy is stupid if he thought audrey was a boy. especially if she was wearing a pink jacket, her name is audrey, and you said she was a girl. if i were you i would have told him she was girl. she looked really cute in the boat though!

Unknown said...

haha don't worry audrey, i dont think you look like a boy!!! thats soo funny. a boy named audrey???wow

Anonymous said...

Audrey definitely does not look like a boy! Even if she were wearing boy clothes she would still look like a girl!