Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Autumn!!

Earth Science was my WORST subject everrr!!! But one thing I did learn from it (possibly the only thing) was that September 21st is the first day of Autumn.

For the past 5 years I have been deprived of a real autumn (in my opinion at least). I always took the fall season for granted when I lived in New York because I didn't realize how different it is in other parts of the country. To me, there are certain things that are totally neccessary to have the real autumn experience:

  • Leaves that change different colors (reds, yellows, oranges...)
  • Apple Cider (can you believe that some people don't know the difference between apple cider and apple juice?!?)
  • McIntosh and Cortland apples...preferably from the Cider Mill
  • Pumpkins
  • Cider Mill donuts!!!! (Ok, so I will have to wait until November to have them, but I can be patient...)

Finally I live in a place with trees and I am really hoping that the leaves change colors here. I am really excited to go pick out a pumpkin with Audrey this year and I really hope that there is a place that I can get some Cortland apples here. I LOVE Autumn!

3 comments:

Tatum said...

I'm sooo jealous! I've never never had a real Autumn. Someday...!

Travis Andrew said...

Idaho has a real autumn, even more real then NY or NC.

Unknown said...

riiiiiiiight travis