Friday, June 26, 2009

Oh Travis


Travis has said some amusing things lately, so I thought I would share...

Two weeks ago when I got the chemical peel/microdermabrasion my face scabbed up the next day and it was really red, skin was peeling off (I looked gorgeous). Travis asked me if I was happy with the results. I laughed and I told him I would have to wait a few days for my skin to heal. Then a few days later I asked him why he said that and his response was "I was trying to think of a nice way to say your face looks really bad". Of course it did look bad, and I knew that, so I can laugh about it.

For those of you who don't know I am the secretary for the business, meaning I do the paperwork and I answer the phones. A few days ago Travis was trying to pay me a compliment. He said "You are the perfect secretary because I can tell you what to do". I know, he is so romantic right? Then he thought about what he said and he quickly changed his mind: "Wait, actually you never do what I say and you always talk back to me." I guess that is one of the benefits of working with your spouse.

Last night Travis asked me if I would be wanting to take off 3 days of work when I have the baby (he was totally serious to). So I guess I won't get the 6 week maternity leave I was hoping for?

And just now, as I am in the process of writing this post, Travis came upstairs with a brochure of meat that comes in packages costing about $200 and he asked me if I wanted to order any. Can you guess what I answered?


I love being married to him.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

That is too funny!!! Hopefully you enjoy your 3 day maternity leave :)

Kristin said...

That is a definitly generous maternity leave. heehee

Pretty funny post. It's great to be able to laugh at and with your spouse.

I just caught up on your last few posts. I love all the pictures of Aubrey as a baby. So sweet, and little and beautiful. It does go so fast. Too fast. Jonathan is 10. Craziness.

Love you Rachel!!

Monson Family II said...

hahaha! That is too funny!!!

WiggleWorm said...

oh, travis!