Sunday, August 10, 2008

Breaking Dawn Review .... Spoiler Alert!!!

Warning to everyone, there will be spoilers in this review. Read at your own risk.

I thought that overall the book was pretty good. There were some things that I really wanted to happen that did happen. The main thing was that I wanted Bella to become a vampire before the end of the book so that we could get a good feel for her life as a vampire. I either wanted Jacob to die or imprint. Die was my first choice. Ok, so I am mean...at least I will admit it! When I first read that Bella was going to have a baby I wasnt sure that it was a good choice for Stephenie to have made, but by the end of the book I was glad that Renesme was born. I am not thrilled that Jacob imprinted on her though, but at least he got over Bella fast. Letting Charlie in on the secret was a huge mistake I thought. It was like Stephenie couldnt do anything bad to Bella. One thing that I liked about Harry Potter was that Rowling wasnt afraid to kill off some characters. I am not saying Charlie should have died, because I dont think that at all but I think that everything worked out too perfectly. I thought the "battle" scene was a dissappointment. The one good thing is that we got to see Bella's power at full force. It was nice to see her being the protector rather than the protected for once. I felt like there was all this build up for nothing. I can see why there was no battle, but some of the bad guys should have been finished I think.

The character development of all of the main people was very good. Edward, Bella, Jacob, and even Rosalie changed into better people throughout the book. I was impressed with how well Stephenie did in that area.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read and I felt closure. I do hope that Stephenie will do at least one book from Renesme's perspective in the future (although I wish that Jacob would be taken out of it). Breaking Dawn was unlike the other three in the series, but I definately see why Stephenie had to do things the way she did. She is an amazing author who can write the most captivating books.

1 comments:

Tatum said...

I am so glad you did a review. I feel the same way. I do NOT like Jacob!!! I cannot believe how many people like him! How weird that he imprinted on her daughter! I was very disappointed with the fight with the volturi. It just built up and built up to it and then nothing happened. Although, it would be heartbreaking if any of the Cullens died. I'm so glad it had a happy ending. It is the best love story ever!!!